BabyOpakapaka

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Having had little / no sleep last night due to a crying baby arriving on the ward in the middle of the night - no I wasn't suprised by that. I saw another girl from my antenatal group, she also delivered yesterday!!! Now it is getting bizarre - 4 of us delivered on the same day - strangely I said a few weeks ago I bet a few of us deliver on the same day.. and we did... that didnt happen with BN1.

Hubby and Bn1 arrived at 9ish. I was so pleased to seem them both,I really missed BN1 not waking me up at 6:30, honest!!! BN1 didn't really like seeing me in hospital, or being in hospital, but I can imagine it was wierd for him, not sure how long it will be till he realises that baby is no longer in mummy's tummy!!! Thankfully we had sorted out some gifts for BN1, so he soon relaxed, and one of the paper shufflers on the ward, gave him a biscuit, so he was made up. Biscuits are only for special occassions in our house, while he doesnt know any better! Soon BN1 had all the staff loving him... well he is so cute.

William had his hearing tests, and eventually passed, seemed like there was a bit of a problem with the equipment! and checked over by the paediatrician and was given the all clear to go home.

Hubby and BN1 went home to get a new going home outfit as the one we had, the same as we had for BN1 was too small!!! and the car seat was still at home!!! and it was probably best if BN1 was at home with Grandma, as we had enough to get to the car.
Just had to have me given the once over before we could be discharged. At least this time round I had the foresight to make it quite clear to the staff that I wanted to go home today, so we can get out as soon as possible.

I was checked, and by 9:30 we were ready to be discharged. Only problem being hubby was still shopping for a going home outfit and collecting the car seat from home.

By 12pm Hubby was back, without BN1 but with car seat and new outfit - which was far too big for BN2, but we didnt have much choice as the newborn outfit didnt fit cos he is too long.

We were back home before 1pm, what a result. But BN1 and Grandma had gone shopping. In a way it was good, cos it allowed me time to get settled back in at home, but in a way I wanted BN1 to be at home too.

Grandad and Aunty were supposed to be stopping tonight at our house, I made an executive decision and told them they had to stop in a nearby hotel, that way at least some of us got some sleep. I am sure that it will be for the best as it is our first night at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home